Studio > Analytics > Power Search
A Search App is a database that collects user search events from your search page. The Analytics – Power Search screen lets you filter this collection of keywords and content items. You can set up filters using the drop-down fields at the top of the screen. After selecting a time period, you can search for either Searches (keywords) or Items.
For Searches, we can filter for six search-related metrics. The form offers six inequality tests and a number input field.
- Search Count: Number of searches in the selected time period that used this keyword.
- Hits: Number of items that match this search.
- Click Count: Number of click-through events resulting from these searches.
- Average Click Position: Average position of the result item that received a click-through event.
- Click-Through Rate: Percent of searches that received a click-through event.
- Latency: Average time to process a search.
For Items, we can filter for three metrics:
- Impression Count: Number of times this item was presented to users as a search result.
- Click Count: Number of times a user clicked on this item.
- Item Click-Through Rate: Percent of Impressions that received a click-through event.
At the far right of the line are two buttons: The (+) button lets us apply multiple filters simultaneously. The search button (magnifying glass) executes the current search.
A successful search produces a table of keywords or items. Note that you can sort the table by column, which opens up some powerful insights into the data. You can also Export the table as a .CSV file.
You can click-through to a Search Details or Item Details screen as needed.
See our Analytics Glossary for a list of all SearchStax Studio metrics.