On rare occasions, a client wants to move a live deployment to a new account. This can be done, but it is not a self-service activity. SearchStax engineers must manually perform a critical step for you.
Best Practice: A/B Path for Moving a Deployment to Another Account
To move a deployment to a different account, the best practice is to:
- Perform a manual backup of your existing system (deployment A).
- Create a new account under the administration of a new owner.
- In the new account, create a new deployment (deployment B) using the desired plan. You must use the same cloud provider and version of Solr as before.
- Ask the SearchStax Support Desk to move the backup file from the old account to the new one.
- Restore the backup into deployment B.
- Validate the behavior of deployment B.
- Switch over from A to B.
- Delete deployment A.
You will be billed for the number of days that each deployment was active during the month. Running two deployments side-by-side during the transition period results in a small increase in your monthly bill.
Potential loss of some incoming data
It will be a gap in the incoming data from the beginning of the backup to the moment that deployment B becomes active. This needs to be part of your planning.