Solr Deployment Backups - SearchStax
Users of SearchStax® can back up their deployments manually or on a repeating schedule.
- A backup is a snapshot of the Zookeeper configuration and the Solr index files.
- Backups may be done manually, or they may be done automatically on a schedule.
- Backing up is disk-intensive. Schedule your backups for times of the lightest load.
- Backup operates on a single replica of your replicated collection, leaving the other replicas free to respond to queries.
- Backup does not support sharded indexes at this time.
- Please avoid making changes to the deployment while the backup is running. For instance, don't update the config files or change the number of nodes.
Each backup event costs $1.00. Each gigabyte of storage costs another $0.50.
To create a backup manually, open the SearchStax dashboard and navigate to the details page of the desired deployment. On the deployment details page, click Backups in the menu bar.
To perform a manual backup, click the One-time Backup button at the top of the page. This opens a confirmation dialog:
Click the Backup button to launch an immediate backup event. You may have to refresh the page to see that the backup has finished.
To schedule a recurring backup, click the Add Schedule button. This opens the Schedule Backup dialog.
- Day-of-the-Week Checkboxes: Select the days of the week when the backup will run.
- Retention: How many copies of this backup should SearchStax retain? When the number of backups exceeds this threshold, the oldest one will be deleted automatically. Note that retention limits apply to individual days of the schedule. If a backup is scheduled for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with retention set to 2, SearchStax will retain two backups for each day, making a total of six.
- Execution Time: Select the time of day when the backup will execute. Note that the time is relative the time zone of your local computer.
Delete a Schedule
Active schedules are listed on the Backup page. Each schedule has an X button on the right. Click this button to delete the schedule.
Any retained backups from that schedule will be kept until you manually delete them.
Delete a Backup
Manual (one-time) backups are retained until deleted by the user.
Scheduled backups are deleted automatically when the retention limit is exceeded. From that point forward, each time the system creates a new backup, it deletes the oldest backup from that set.
Restore a Backup
To restore a backup, please contact the SearchStax Support Desk. We want to help you correct any issues that might have led you to this action.
Don't hesitate to contact the SearchStax Support Desk.