What Sitecore/Solr combinations are available for SearchStax Cloud?
SearchStax Cloud lets developers set up and deploy Solr infrastructure for Sitecore in minutes. Some Solr releases are compatible with some Sitecore releases. Other combinations may not work at all, or may seem to work until you encounter the incompatible feature at a later time.
SearchStax recommends certain specific combinations of Sitecore and Solr. We are prepared to support our Premium Clients who go down that path. The SearchStax Cloud Connector for Sitecore helps you set up these systems.
We do not claim to be general Sitecore experts, and therefore cannot support Sitecore/Solr combinations that we have not tested and endorsed:
- Sitecore 9.0 is compatible with Solr 6.6.2.
- Sitecore 9.1 is compatible with Solr 7.2.1.
- Sitecore 9.2 is compatible with Solr 7.5.0.
- Sitecore 9.3 is compatible with Solr 8.1.1.
- Sitecore 10.0 is compatible with Solr 8.4.0.
- Sitecore 10.1 is compatible with Solr 8.4.0.
- Sitecore 10.2 is compatible with Solr 8.8.2.
- Sitecore 10.3 is compatible with Solr 8.11.2.
Our selection of supported combinations is derived from Sitecore’s published compatibility table. Note that even this table can be misleading because Sitecore did not support Solr Cloud deployments until Sitecore 9.0 update 2. SearchStax Cloud deployments all require the Solr Cloud feature set, meaning that earlier versions of Sitecore are not compatible with SearchStax Cloud even though they can be used with some local Solr installations.
Do not hesitate to contact the SearchStax Support Desk.