We are announcing the release of a new SearchStudio feature called Theme Editor which continues our focus on offering tools to accelerate implementation and make powerful search easy. Theme Editor joins the Search UX Accelerator and quick start integrations for Sitecore and Drupal to make it easier to deliver relevant and personalized site search experiences on websites.
What is Theme Editor?
The SearchStudio Theme Editor allows UI developers or tech savvy marketers who understand HTML/CSS to provide stylistic control over their search experience without having to leave SearchStudio.
Theme Editor saves both time and money for implementation teams by giving users the power to modify various out-of-the-box site search components to match the look and feel of their current or planned digital experience. In real-time, users can preview changes to their search page, publish updates and share the proposed page via a hosted link.
We provide starter themes or use cases that can be copied, modified and saved as a custom theme. For example, there are themes to cover common use cases such as content, location or people — and we plan to add new themes to the product in the future.
Instead of starting from scratch, your UI developers can select from one of the base themes and then customize the colors, fonts and styles to match the look of your current or planned website.
What Can You Do with Theme Editor?
The Theme Editor is a powerful tool that changes how search pages are developed.
Here are just a few of the things you can do with Theme Editor:
- Create a copy of one of our predefined base themes that is only available within your specific SearchStudio App.
- Use the interactive web-based editor to customize each component of the search page independently
- Change the content or text of certain predefined states (i.e. no results page or search bar), add a logo or remove the SearchStax branding
- Change the default search results from grid view only, list view only or include an option to switch between both views
When you’re done making changes, you can preview changes made in real time using the data you have in your application, without having to publish your changes to a third party web server. Then, you can share your work-in-progress or final result by sending a link to other team members so you can gather additional input and feedback before integrating with your application.
Benefits of Theme Editor
Theme Editor was developed to speed implementations and achieve our goal to make powerful search easy:
- Saves frontend development time by providing search experience accelerators
- Eliminates the need to set up a web host to review and test CSS/HTML changes for the search experience
- Gives developers a way to share their work in real time with the marketing team and gather quick feedback on the experience