We are excited to announce that the free SearchStax trial on the Azure cloud is now available. As Azure is the preferred cloud service for Sitecore deployments, being able to use the Azure cloud for the SearchStax trial is the ideal way to see how Sitecore and SearchStax Solr-as-a-Service will work in your environment. The free trial is also available on the AWS cloud.
The purpose of the free 14-day trial is to demonstrate how SearchStax removes the operational burdens of deploying, securing and managing Sitecore with Solr — and lets your team focus on creating better search experiences for your customers.
SearchStax Trial on Azure Benefits
The free SearchStax trial on Azure will let you:
- Access our Support team for any product related questions
- Test your Sitecore application integration with SearchStax Solr Service
- Review common SearchStax features such as backup, Solr monitoring, alerting and cloud automation
The free SearchStax trial on Azure is good for 14 days and no credit card is required during the trial. At any time during the trial period, you may opt to continue your SearchStax Solr environment by converting it to a paid account. The deployment and data you added during your trial will be automatically saved when you convert to a paid account.
Comparing Do-it-Yourself to SearchStax
SearchStax Solr-as-a-Service offers a compelling alternative to taking a Do-it-Yourself approach to Solr. Through the free trial, your team will be able to see how easy it is to use SearchStax to setup and manage the Solr infrastructure while taking advantage of the power, flexibility and control benefits of managed Solr.
The SearchStax solution will give your developers their time back since it automates a huge chunk of this operational work without making them cede any flexibility or control over the Solr infrastructure.
Successful SearchStax Trial Checklist
To get the most value out of your free trial, you should follow these 7 steps to get the full experience of implementing Solr with SearchStax:
- Create a Solr deployment
- Integrate Solr with your Sitecore application
- Secure your Solr deployment
- Monitor the health of your Solr deployment
- Create notifications with email alerts or Webhooks
- Protect data loss by configuring backups
- Bring other team members for shared roles and access