At SearchStax, we have a unique perspective on Apache Solr architectures for cloud deployment. With over fifteen years of hands-on experience hosting hundreds of SolrCloud deployments, we are familiar with Solr deployments ranging from simple out-of-the box implementations to enterprise mission critical applications where high availability, high performance, system failover, disaster recovery and security are important business requirements.
Our latest white paper takes a deep dive into cloud deployment architectures for Apache Solr and examines how a simple proof-of-concept system evolves into an enterprise-class armor-studded foundation to support mission critical Solr search applications.
Apache Solr Architectures for the Cloud
The 10 Apache Solr architectures described in detail in the whitepaper include:
- Local Apache Solr Architecture
- Simplest Cloud Architecture – One Solr plus One Zookeeper
- Early Solr Cluster on SearchStax – Three Solr with Three Zookeepers
- SearchStax NextGen Cluster – Two Solr with Three Zookeepers
- Disaster Recovery with Duplicate Clusters
- Hot Disaster Recovery with Vanity DNS and Automatic Failover
- Warm Disaster Recovery – Minimal Remote System
- Cold Disaster Recovery and Remote Region Backup
- Cross Data Center Replication (CDCR)
- Virtual Network Peering
Enterprise-level SolrCloud architecture may seem complex, but every component is there for a good reason. By following the evolution from the simplest Solr project to the most complex, every step is a simple and logical progression resulting in an iron-clad Solr architecture that is secure, performant and highly available.
Download the White Paper
Complete the form below and we will send you an email with a link to download the Apache Solr Architectures for the Cloud white paper.