Sr. Platform Engineer - Python
Full Time Salaried Employee
SearchStax is the leader in Open Source Search in the Cloud with headquarters in Los Angeles, CA and teams located across the United States and around the world.
SearchStax is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to work with in our core platform team to build, support and maintain the core components of our search-as-a-service platform and scale it to serve thousands of customers across the world. This entails developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing open source and custom-built software. Initiatives will include feature development around security, continuous deployment, configuration management, auto-scaling, containers, application reliability, disaster recovery, cloud management, distributed systems, cluster management.
- You will help drive all application-level aspects of the company’s PaaS operations
- You will build, deploy, analyze, troubleshoot and scale the service wherever and whenever
- You will collaborate closely with founders, engineers, product managers and stay current on nascent technologies to make influential recommendations.
- You will be part of on-call rotation schedule
- You are a problem solver, with a track record of delivering scalable software products and services in an agile environment.
- Highly motivated and self disciplined
- Good communication skills and should be able to interact with other engineers to on-board or provide technical support.
- Strong command of Python and Bash
- Good AWS (or Azure) chops (EC2, EMR, S3, ELB, VPC)
- Traditional Database experience.
- Experience configuring and maintaining at least one of the distributed Big Data systems (e.g. Solr, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Spark)
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Math
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in developing using Java
- Experience with developing against MongoDB
- Logging / monitoring tools to ensure SLA (e.g. Zabbix, NewRelic, Logstash)
- Build / release utilities, continuous integration and automated deployments (Git, Jenkins)
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU:
- Fast growing company using cutting-edge technology (open source & cloud infrastructure)
- Opportunity to work with initial stages of the company without management overhead.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k Matching
- Flexible Schedules & Work location