Cloud Operations Engineer - I
SearchStax is the leader in Cloud Automation for Open Source Search with headquarters in Los Angeles, California and has teams located across the United States and around the world.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our cloud operations team, providing technical solutions to customers and ensuring the reliability of our service. We are looking at a self-motivated Cloud Engineer with a passion for professional service excellence who wants to build on their experience and make a real difference to our cloud solutions. As a key contributor to the team your will be involved in all aspects of the cloud operations and technical support process including collaboration with multiple stakeholders. Your contribution will be critical to customer success.
This position will be an expanding role and you will manage a variety of technical challenges that emerge on a daily basis. This will ensure that your day to day tasks are rarely the same and offer great opportunities for innovation and service improvement. The work entails cross-functional interaction in a team and a rapidly evolving environment.
- You will collaborate closely with Engineers and Other Cloud Operations engineers to ensure high availability and smooth daily operations of the service.
- Day-to-day administration on Cloud Services (AWS or Azure) e.g. Linux Servers, Elastic Load Balancers, S3, VPCs, Subnets, S3, etc
- Resolve client incidents and service requests in a timely and professional manner via effective investigation, triage and resolution of support requests
- Work within a global support team covering 24x7x365 cloud operations - effectively managing handoff from shift-to-shift for cloud support issues
- Respond to escalated customer service issues within the defined process with a high level of reactivity
- Ensure complete data accuracy in managing customer requests
- Produce written best practices and capitalize on lessons learned Invest in continuous learning via ongoing training and development of professional skill set
- You will be responsible for setting up backups, deploying software, upgrading systems, and performing other routine maintenance tasks.
- You will be responsible for configuring and generating reports, alerts on Core Infrastructure using Datadog, Zabbix or custom scripts.
- You will follow and contribute to Standard Operating Procedures for the system.
- You will part of an on-call rotation schedule.
- 2+ years- experience in Linux system (Ubuntu/CentOS) administration
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support or operations team working on incident resolution, triage and support resolution.
- Knowledge of network issues (firewall, routing, load balancing)
- Familiarity with Network Concepts, Deployment Architectures and Layer Cake
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Communication skills and ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently
- Nice to have: At least 1 cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure or GCP)
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU:
- Competitive Compensation
- Fast growing company using cutting-edge technology (open source & cloud)
- Opportunity to work with initial stages of the company without management overhead.
- Results driven work environment