SearchStudio > Relevance > Relevance Modeling > Ranking Tab
The Ranking Tab of SearchStudio’s Model Details screen lets us apply “boost” multipliers to relevance scores of result items that meet special criteria.
- Search Field: If there is a match within a specific field, boost the item’s relevance score.
- Field Value: If a field contains a specific value (whether matched or not), boost the item’s relevance score.
- Function: Boost the item’s relevance score based on a value returned by a function.
Note that you can turn the feature on and off using a checkbox.
Slide the controls left and right to establish the relative importance of a match in each field. A default (unboosted) field has a boost multiplier of 1.
To boost an item when a match occurs within a specific field, select “Search Field” and choose the field from a list. Click the (+) button to create a slider control for that field. Use the slider to adjust the boost.
To create a boost based on the presence of a specific field value in the result item, select the “Field Value” option and then fill in the field name and the desired value.
To calculate a partial relevance score based on the value of a field, select the Function option and type in a Solr Function Query expression. Click the (+) button to create a slider control.
Some example functions you can use are:
- To boost if a field say ‘sitename’ contains a particular value (say Public) –
- To boost by a date field – say ‘publish_date’ –
Use the Save Draft button to save your changes. The Publish button makes this Relevance Model available to the Search Preview screen.