SearchStax Analytics Apps
This page describes how to add SearchStax® Analytics Apps to your SearchStax deployment.
An Analytics App can record user events from any web application using any search engine. The Analytics feature set is available to our premium clients (Gold support and above).
Each app is uniquely identified by a key. This key value must be included in every event message.
If you need to track the behavior of multiple search applications, you can create an Analytics App for each one. Provide a name for the app and SearchStax does the rest.
Create an App
To create an Analytics App, please:
- Click on Analytics from the main menu.
- Click on the Create App Button.
- Enter a descriptive name for your new app and click the Create button.
Note the unique key value.
The app key is used in the webpage scripts to identify the app that will receive and analyze the data from that page.
To open an analytics app, click Analytics in the sidebar menu, and then click the name of the appropriate app in the list. This exposes the Dashboard for this specific app.
Delete an App
As the admin, you can delete an Analytics App directly from the SearchStax dashboard, but the button is initially hidden to prevent accidents. Note: There is no "undo." All data associated with this app will be permanently deleted.
To delete an Anaytics App, follow this path:
- Click Analytics in the left-side navigation bar.
- Click the name of the app you wish to delete.
- On the app's dashboard, click the Settings menu in the upper right.
- This pops up a message box. Click the red Delete App button to delete the app.
- Type the name of the app into the delete-confirmation dialog box.
Do not hesitate to contact the SearchStax Support Desk.